I used to blog. I love to read my "pre-kids" blog posts found at:
www.kjshunky.blogspot.com
Then on August 20, 2007 our lives were literally turned upside down with the traumatic birth of Bennett, which was very rawly documented at:
http://www.totsites.com/tot/bennettmitchell
And now I have begun to feel some "calm" that has not existed for almost 9 years. Bennett is almost 9, Jackson is 5 (starting Kindergarten in the fall) and Reagan is almost 4....and I am jolted that there are actually quiet moments allowing me to THINK. READ. FEEL. PONDER.
I had not truly stopped to realize that my body has been in auto-pilot for nearly 9 years. Sure, there have been moments of laughter, tears, celebrations and devastations- I have not been merely a robot existing. But the lists of "To-do's" has always been the driving force of my day. A few examples:
#1 - Pick up prescriptions & schedule Dr. appointments
#2 - Call insurance company (1-2 hours on phone is the average)
#3 - Follow up with the hospital on large medical bill(s)
#4 - Pay pre-school tuition
#5 - Sign up for summer camps
#6 - Visit possible kindergarten options
#7 - Grocery shop, pick up cleaners, etc.
#8 - Work full time or part time (I have done both)
#9 - Get childcare lined up and organize nanny fees/taxes/admin.
#10 - Attempt to schedule a date night and pray no kids get sick
#11 - Coordinate Bennett's monthly g-tube supplies and hypo-allergenic formula
#11 - Coordinate Bennett's monthly g-tube supplies and hypo-allergenic formula
#12 - Get mama some caffeine (which for me is a large REGULAR COKE)
So now it is time to reflect on this good, good life. Our hearts have never been more happy, full, open and engaged. Bennett, Jackson, and Reagan are the biggest blessings ever given to us. Travis and I have now had almost 16 years of marriage (almost 18 years spent together), and thanks be to God that the trials of this life have only strengthened our foundation and not torn us apart. Praise Him!!!
Pics and commentary to come...this is gonna be fun.
My day is TOTALLY made. And I'm a Large Coke girl too. I'm completely addicted and I don't even care. Just another thing we could do together. :)
ReplyDelete